We aim to:
- Be an inclusive school and to put in place the practice, in all aspects of our work, that ensures that all learners are given equality of opportunity and treated fairly.
- Promote and achieve high standards for all by providing teaching and learning of the highest quality
- Treat learners as individuals and to differentiate teaching and learning to take into account their individual and special needs.
- Provide well for learners’ physical, mental, social, spiritual, moral and cultural needs.
- Actively promote British Values
- Ensure that all learners benefit from a rich, broad, balanced curriculum presented in an interesting, exciting and imaginative manner with lots of opportunities for first-hand experience, practical work, investigation and learning through play.
- Teach basic skills and core subjects well and to give great emphasis to the foundation subjects and to RE.
- Make connections between subjects and to apply basic skills across the curriculum.
- Enliven and enrich the curriculum by visits, visitors and wide use of the environment.
- Give responsibility to learners and develop their self confidence by contributing to the community.
- Make parents and our wider community equal partners with the school and to involve them in the evaluation of its success.
- Build an ethos marked by a welcoming, friendly, bright and lively, happy place where learners feel secure. A place where good behaviour is expected and where learners enjoy growing up. To make this school a place of enjoyment where success is celebrated.
3 Key Words
At Daresbury Primary School we focus everything around our 3 key words - Kind , Safe and Ready. We feel that if the children are able to follow and use these correctly then our school will be a happy and productive environment for them to learn in.